Saturday, August 23, 2008

Columbus







The last leg of my journey was visiting my friend Jen and her husband Wyatt, who was transferred to Fort Benning in January.


My stay with Jen was too short, but we did go out to breakfast at Ihops and walked around the historical downtown area with a lot of brick buildings. We also walked along the Chattahoochee River. That’s its real name. If you don’t believe me you can look it up online, which I had to to get the spelling right and to find out where it got its name. According to one website, “The name Chattahoochee is derived from the Creek words chatto, meaning stone and hoche, translated as flowered or marked. It is believed to have been named for an Indian town located near present day Heard County, Georgia.”


Also, there’s this you-tube video called Chatta Hoochee, which appears to be some kind of dance.




I












Sums It Up


Luckily on the way back to Atlanta I got a different bus driver, much mellower but at times veering a bit. I had a much easier time getting into the airport than out, and I had time waiting for my flight to look through the 150 pictures I had taken on my cell phone. I am excited now to do more traveling in the summers. Next summer to Italy and Greece, but this time with travel buds. I have joined an online site called TravelBuddies where you can get a lot of tips and advice as well as meet people to travel with.


Of course, if anyone can go with me next summer, that would be awesome!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home